Sugaring has become very popular lately but some still ask – ‘What the heck is it?’
Sugaring is an ancient hair removal technique loved by Cleopatra herself and we know why..
Sugaring is less painful than waxing, it uses all natural ingredients and can reduce hair regrowth significantly.
‘Ok’ I hear you ask – ‘How can it be less painful?’
Well there are a few reasons: –
- The sugar paste only sticks to the hair. It is water soluble meaning that it simply can’t stick to live skin cells because they contain water. The sugar paste only sticks to hair so there is significantly less discomfort and risk of grazing or ripping the skin like with waxing.
- The paste is applied against the hair growth and removed with the hair growth which is the exact opposite of waxing. Again – less discomfort and a greater chance of pulling the hair out by the root which means greater hair reduction in that area! Also less chance of the hair breaking – so no stubble the next day!
- The paste is applied at room temperature or a bit warmer but definitely not hot like wax. We all know there is nothing worse than hot wax on your hooha…
What is sugar paste made of?
Three ingredients: – SUGAR – WATER – LEMON JUICE
In fact, the sugar paste is so natural, you can eat it! And let me tell you it tastes delicious.. YUM!
So the overall advantages of sugaring over waxing are:-
- Less Pain, less pain and less pain! (my brazilian clients often tell me they can only feel the paste being pulled off – not the hair coming out! – WINNING!)
- All natural ingredients so no irritation as there are no artificial chemicals or preservatives
- The sugar paste sticks to hair that is only 1.5mm long which is only about 5 days growth. This means you don’t have to walk around like a hairy spider till you come in and get sugar smooth again!
- Is effective on all hair and skin types and all areas of the body
- Will cause permanent hair reduction as the hair is pulled out with the root..
So why not come and see what all the fuss is about? Get yummy, sexy and smooth with sugaring at Earth + Skin…