The tools you are going to need to achieve the look today is:
- A spooly or a little brush (if you don’t have one exactly like this you can use a new toothbrush you can also clean an old mascara wand)
- A pair of good working tweezers. I personally prefer angled tweezers.
- You will also need a small pair of scissors but these are optional if you feel like you need to trim your brows.
The most common mistakes that people make:
- A lot of people remove way too much hair in the middle. I will show you how to do this the right way at the end of the video.
- The second mistake is removing more than one hair at a time this can lead to mistakes with shaping
- Lastly they remove too much from the top of the brow or trimming too much which can end up with patches in the shape.
Shape out your brow:
A disclaimer, I know there are multiple ways to do this but my personal favourite is by using your own facial features to do it.
Firstly we use the edge of the nose and the inside corner of the eye. This tells us where to start shaping in the middle of the brows.
To determine the arch, we use the edge of the nose and looking straight we use the outside of the pupil. This will show you the highest point of the brow.
To determine the outside edge of the brow, we use the outside corner of the eye and the edge of the nose.
We are going to shape the brow section by section so using the measurements we determined before, we will start with the middle of the brow.
Placing your brush on the outside edge of your nose and the inside corner of the eye you will see everything inside the brush you can remove.
Keep brushing your brows up and do a little bit at a time and take a few steps back from the mirror to check your work while looking at your entire face. This helps to make sure we don’t remove too much.
Next we are moving onto the brow arch. To determine where the highest point should be is by placing your brush to the edge of your nose and the outside of the pupil. This is the highest point for your brows. You can remove hair under this point to give you a beautiful arch.
It is really important to pull the hair in the direction it grows so it glides out and grows back much smoother.
After we have done the arch, the last step is to know how long or short you want your brow. Measure from the outside edge of the nose to the outside edge of the eye. Anything outside this area should be removed to make sure it lifts the face and doesn’t make the eyes look heavy.
Trimming – The last optional step
The last step is optional. Trimming. You have to be very very careful when you do so. So to make sure you don’t end up with gaps, brush all the hair up. Everything out of line of the brows can be trimmed so the brows look neat. Make sure not to trim too much so the brows still look full. This should be done with extreme caution. Just trim a tiny bit at a time. You can always trim more but if you trim too much, you need to wait for them to grow back!